*

*

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Busy, fun Saturday

We have a way of packing our Saturdays. This last week was no exception and I happened to have my camera on hand a lot! First, we took the kids to the hospital where Claire is going to be born for a big brother/big sister's class. It was darling. They talked to the kids about baby safety, what to expect when mommy goes to the hospital, took us on a tour of the labor and delivery areas and then taught the kids how to diaper and wrap a baby in a blanket. I know I am a hormonal pregnant woman these days because I started crying during the short Sesame Street video they showed about baby bear getting a new little sister! I am so excited for her to arrive! :)




After the hospital we went to find Halloween costumes. I was about to drop too much money at the party store on packaged costumes but decided to try the Goodwill first. We found tons of options there and had a little party in the dressing rooms trying things on. I was happy to teach the kids about the joys of a bargain and got them all dressed up cute for very little $$. Everyone is happy.

Daddy made a rare trip to the hobby store with all of us and splurged on himself (which is very, very rare!). He got a remote control car for he and the boys to play around with and take to neighborhood races, and a couple rockets. They had a fun afternoon putting everything together and then we all set out for a big field to launch Jake's first rocket! Later we rented the movie, October Sky and watched that on Sunday. The kids are big into rocketeering now! :)




Finally, I was able to continue chugging along and keeping up with the family. Luke took this lovely shot for me of my belly.... and then I had to try taking one myself in the mirror. Both ought to be entered into a photo contest of some sort.

All in all we are keeping busy... and having fun!

2 comments:

Ali said...

where shall I begin?? Those pictures of the kids with their diapered and wrapped stuffed animals are precious...so glad you found great costumes at Goodwill, I swear there is no need to go buy them full price...love ty's new hobby, it'll make blake jealous...and your belly?! wow, woman, you are ripe!

Kyle said...

That is such a cute class...I wish I would have done that with my kids!! I am sad we didn't get together last week...Lucy was sick the ENTIRE week so we didnt do ANYTHING FUN!!! But it sounds like you guys had a BLAST!!