*

*

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jake

I haven't had much to say about Jake lately, so I thought I'd give a little update. He is doing so great this Fall in preschool. He has begun to read! Simple word chains like, "pot", "hot", "lot", "dot". He loves it and loves his teacher Ms. Rosie. Also, his five little buddies whom he attends school with and then playgroup everyday afterward. He is so easy to have around now, and very eager to help around the house. He often rubs my back and says, "I will do whatever you want me to do mom" when it comes to clean up time. I love him so much.

Daddy and I made carmel apples with him last weekend. He loved the alone time, getting to push the sticks in by himself and roll the apples in different toppings.


Auntie Shelly took this picture of Jake I think at Pack Meeting. If you've seen the Michael Jackson "This is It" cover you'll recognize this pose. Jake is a full-blown MJ fan, and somehow picked up this and many of his other moves and poses. It is amazing. Whenever it is our turn to have playgroup at our house Jake asks his buddies if they want to dance to Michael Jackson. They all looked at him blankly the first few times, but he would take his shirt off and let it rip - and slowly the others joined him! Ashley finally got so tired of hearing the MJ disk that she threw it in the garbage last week unbeknownst to me and it is long gone now. Poor Jakey. Although I think we all did need a break from the music - and I only want my kids to like Michael Jackson to a point. Funny.

2 comments:

bethiepoos said...

this is especially funny to me because Brody ADORES m.j too! I find it amazing since he is obviously not copying anyone, he genuinely LOVES michael Jackson!! He asked if he could be mj for halloween, and when I said I wanted us all to dress up as a family this year, he said... "I know... We can ALL be Michael Jackson!!!" HILARIOUS!!!! I miss you anne xxx

The Finklea Family said...

love Jake!!! so full of personality! love ya!