*

*

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Break

This is a special Fall break because we are anticipating the baby within the next few weeks. I know that life will be much different with a little one in tow again, so I wanted to make this week really fun going and doing with the kids. No stroller, no diaper bag, no even buckling kids into their seatbelts (they do that on their own...) life is very easy right now.

So the kids and I made a plan a few weeks ahead of all the places they'd like to go and we budgeted how much money we needed to set aside for it (teaching them about money and coupons, etc). I have been happy to tote them around and read my book while they play and play.

MONDAY - Chuck E Cheese's and Toy Story 3 - which I hadn't seen yet - cute.



TUESDAY - BounceU



and playing with Uncle Blake who came to town for a couple days to be interviewed for an ortho school here. Everyone is giving their thumbs up meaning good-luck, we hope Blake gets accepted so Blake and Ali and Paigey can move HERE in May!! (update: he's since heard back from them and is the first alternate! If one of the first three guys doesn't accept their offer, he's IN!!)



I then lost my camera in a stack of laundry on my bathroom counter until just now so I have no more pictures of the week, but for memory's sake:

WEDNESDAY - Went to IKEA (put all the kids in the kids club and did some shopping) and Makutu's Island.

THURSDAY - Played with friends then met up with daddy to go to the Phoenix Science Center. Ended up buying a membership because it was so fun (and what's another $40 when you've paid $40 to get in once?!) Then we went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Maybe my fav day so far.

FRIDAY - Mom's treat. Got a sitter from 10-2, went to the OB (36 weeks now, making no progress toward delivery which is typical for me, but all is well!), took myself to lunch and for a pedicure. Delightful. Then took the kids swimming at the neighborhood pool. Can it really be fall?!

Tomorrow we have a tour at the hospital where Claire will be born. The kids get to go to a siblings class to learn about the baby, how to change diapers and wrap her up and then get a little certificate about being a big bro/sis. They are excited about that.

Life is good. It's been a nice break.

No comments: