*

*

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Check It!

So this summer when I was in Utah I saw a couple billboards along the freeway about the company "Dear Elder.com". It is a website that makes emailing and sending packages to missionaries faster and cheaper.

The billboards stated that the company was looking for the "new face of Dear Elder.com" and said to "nominate your elder today!" I knew Drew (my brother) was cute enough to be the face of Dear Elder.com and his story is definately unique with his challenges with my dad and trying to get out on a mission, so I nominated him!

After some good advice from my aunt to be brief in my essay, and just connect them to the stories and news articles that had earlier been written about him when my dad was sick, I found a handsome picture and sent my entry on its way.

TODAY I got a call... and WE WON!!!

Seriouly, it came out of the clear blue sky and I was shaking as if I'd won the lottery. It was so cool to actually WIN a contest I had forgotten all about - and I'm not sure Drew even knows about!!

They are going to contact him by mail tomorrow and he has to accept the offer. When he does they will sent someone out to take his pictures on a prep-day and then, get this, he will be THE face on their website homepage, THE face on both of the billboards between Salt Lake and Provo and on their mailings!! So fun!!

The crazy thing is that he will still be serving the whole year that he is representing the company, but I'd bet that many people will recongize him around campus when he gets back. And he'll have me to thank for it! :)

Pretty exciting, huh? It's definately been a ride for him the last four or five years since being in high school and my dad's diagnosis. But man, he is right on track now and so happy!

What a hunk of burning love, I tell you.


1 comment:

Jill said...

That is so great! You are a fab big sister! I can't wait to hear his response.