*

*

Sunday, September 21, 2008

New York City, here we come!

Hey, when life gives you lemons, buy lemonade. That's what I always say. :)

Tyler's been put on a project in NYC this month so we decided that it's in our best interest to take advantage of this opportunity and travel there together! With his flight, food and lodging paid for by the company, it's cheap to only have to buy a flight for me!!

So we just finished solidifying our plans. My mom (thank goodness for awesome grandmas!) is coming, the kids are fine because they had so much fun with Nana last week, and we are leaving in two weeks!

I am very excited because I have only seen New York in the movies. We plan to see a show one night (Wicked?) and maybe do a city tour or something, I need to look more into that. Tyler will have to work during the days, and so I guess I'll just have to figure out how to entertain myself...

alone in a hotel room, are you kidding me?! I daydream about these things!

So I just wanted to share that news. Two years or so 'til the next baby comes (if we have control over it, which we never have...) so we may as well enjoy traveling alone while we can! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne when I was eleven you told me when life hands me lemons to stuff them in my bra ------ just sayin
-maddie

kendall said...

i thought the expression was "when life hands you lemons..MAKE lemonade", but, hey, BUY lemonade if you can afford it!! Ican't wait to see the little ones..

natalie said...

SO excited for you guys! way to be spontaneous :) wicked is a MUST if you guys haven't seen it. sounds like a blast to be alone together in NYC :)

Erika said...

Chloe and I saw Wicked in February. It was fantastic. Download the soundtrack before going. In fact, I'm going to listen to it now...

The Curtis Family said...

I have a list of must-dos-and-sees that my friend and I compiled when we lived there. Includes cool shops, restaurants, museums (other than the obvioius) etc. Want it?

I'm so jealous. Jarad and I did a weekend in NYC before we had the twins and it was the most fun!

Amy said...

Sounds soo fun! For sure see Wicked if you can -- it's the best!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

you MUST see wicked...i cannot explain to you how amazing it is. you have no other option i am telling you...wicked it is! how fun! i am jealous!

Anonymous said...

So I shouldn't stuff my bra with lemons?

Lynnae said...

I love wicked. We went in LA for my birthday as a family. John even liked it. The songs are so much fun. I hope you have so much fun. Enjoy yourselves.