*

*

Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Luke!

Today is Luke's 6th Birthday! It's hard to grasp how quickly time has flown since I had him, my first little baby. We are SO happy to have him in our family!!

Luke is a very special boy. In his room there is a leaf that I have framed that has special significance to me, and just this week he asked me to tell him the story behind it. I said "Before you came into our family, mommy and daddy wanted a baby so much! We tried to have one two times but both times something went wrong and the baby died. Mommy started to get very sad and scared that she might not be able to have her own healthy babies. Every day we would say our prayers and ask Heavenly Father to bless us with a perfect baby to have in our home. After many months of waiting and being scared to try again, mommy was walking home from school on a beautiful fall day and saw a leaf drop off a branch and swirl to the ground right in front of her and I caught it! As I walked the rest of the way home I studied all the parts of the leaf and how perfectly it was made. Just then, I felt a whisper to my heart "If I can create leaves that are so perfect in symmetry and design I can give you a baby that is healthy and perfect!" Tears welled in my eyes and I felt a warm feeling inside and knew that we would be able to have a baby ... and we were! And it was YOU!"

It is such a blessing to be mommy to these precious little children. He was beaming when I shared this story with him and now knows a little better how much we longed for him and how much we cherish him!

He is such a good and fun boy. A great, obedient, smart, happy and helpful kid. He has been a joy to have as a buddy over the last few years and I love him so much!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest thing i have ever read! happy birthday to Luke! I love him too! grandma

Dana Christensen said...

No one's blog make me cry like yours...congrats! Thanks for all the sweet stories about your fam :)

Blake Hillstead said...

great story! i saw that leaf in his room...and now i know it's story. tell L happy birthday from us! A and B