*

*

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Ashley!





Our sweet baby girl is FIVE! I can hardly believe it! What a lucky mommy I am to have little Ashley in our home and my life! Looking back through pictures of her as a baby tonight, I feel so happy to have such a beautiful, wonderful daughter. From the moment of her surprise conception (when Luke was only three months old!) she has brought excitement and energy and emotion into our lives!

Her arrival was memorable. I felt so much joy holding our infant daughter in my arms, feeling so content with one sweet son and a new perfect daughter. Her face was like a porcelain doll, oh! I adored her! Where ever we went when she was a baby, people stopped us to comment on her cute, curly, red hair! It was so much fun!

Ashley is such a sweet, kind and tender-hearted girl. Her voice is soft, her touch is soft. I learn a lot from watching her. The bond we share as the only two girls in the family is special. Sandwiched in between two bigger (sizewise) brothers we sometimes worry, but we see the way she looks at them, and them at her and know that she'll be fine her whole life ... It's pretty sweet actually the friendship those three have.

Saturday she had a fabulous #5 Birthday Party, "the most anticipated event of the year", I should have called it. And she was happy!

Taking treats into school today, should be more fun. Happy Birthday, Ashley! We Love You!!









We gave her a big-girl booster seat for her birthday. Ordered in PINK, of course!

5 comments:

Blake Hillstead said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! We miss you!! Have a fun fun day!
Love, Ali and Blake

Kyle said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! I can't believe that she is already 5! I also can't believe I have known you guys for 5 years...crazy! She is such a sweet girl!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

Those are the most adorable pictures of her. She seriously melts me! We are SERIOUSLY so excited to see you!

Unknown said...

Way to go on the booster seat!!! Yay Ashley - Now she and lukey both have one!-b-

Lynnae said...

I loved the pictures. She is so incredibly cute. It will be especially nice for her - maybe more for you :) - in high school. I watch J.J. and Kaitlyn and the way he protects her and wish my younger girls would have a brother in high school while they were there.