*

*

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What we are saying at night...about the rental

Sunday night 8/31, on our way home from seeing it for the first time: "Well, here we go. We've put this off as long as we can and now we just have to do it... eww, smell your clothes! That is disgusting!" (straight into the shower, clothes into the washer)

Monday 9/1, after spending the entire day working over there: "I seriously think I might have lice, I itch everywhere! What kind of bugs were those?! I am googling them. Ugh. I am so tired, my feet are killing me. I really hurt my shoulder!"

Tuesday 9/2, after stopping by in the evening: "Wow! This is amazing what a difference paint makes! I can smell fresh paint now and barely the smoke smell, even with the dirty carpets still heaped in here! We're doing it!"

Wednesday 9/3, after a day of productivity on both our parts "This looks like a good rental app... and contract (looking online)." "We need 5 more 5 gallons of paint!? How late is Home Depot open?"

Thursday 9/4, The walls are now brown. They look great! I took our first potential renters through the house tonight and they seemed to like it. Nothing has been said between Ty and I yet because he is still at a late work dinner (its 8pm now). I patched nail holes in the walls there for three hours today and my feet are killing me, as a side note.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the after pictures!! I am sure paint made a huge difference. I seriously wish I could have come to help. At least watched your kids so you could go slave!

Jill said...

This transformation is great! Extreme makeover home edition. You are doing it.