*

*

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Bow Chica Wow-Wow!"



One room down, a few to go. I dropped Ashley off at kindergarten at noon, had Jake napping at ten after and hit the bathroom for the next three hours. Not on the john, but painting! Sadly, I didn't remember to take a before picture but it was just the beige color you see on all my other walls.

For four and a half years now I have been happy with my beige everywhere but now I am ready for a change and I am going for it. Painting the bathroom was tedious, Ali had mentioned that bathrooms are the worst and I wish she would have mentioned it more like, "bathrooms are the WORST!" But Zach and Katie's Wedding CD and Josh Groban serenaded me through it and we managed just in time to pick up the kids. I worked it.

The irony of the situation is that I chose this color in part because I think it looks cute with my shower curtain. I got it to match, and then dribbled wet paint over it as I swung my loaded roller over the floor. Dumb. So I did hang it back up with the paint splotches on it, but that won't do anymore. Time to go shopping for new towels and accessories to match the fresh, clean paint. Next week maybe, I need to pace myself.



Here are the before pictures of all the other projects I am anticipating. I will update you all as I complete them throughout the next month. And to see them all in person, you'll just have to COME VISIT!




6 comments:

kendall said...

anne anne anne.. where did you learn such a thing...the bathroom looks GREAT! you are one of a kind.. and yes, bathrooms are the WORST... as you know now. i love you mom

Unknown said...

work it girl! looks amazing...even your edge along the ceiling! get working on the others...i want to see the finished products. just leave your other bathroom for last or you'll throw your paint supplies THROUGH your sliding glass door out of frustration!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

i love the colors! it looks great! can't wait to see the rest of it!

Jill said...

You are a fast painter! Can't wait to see the bathroon. What room are you working on next? I say the living room. You house already looks beautiful. This will just give it some spice...

Erika said...

I disagree. The splash area of the kitchen is the worst. That was my first-ever painting project that took place mostly during the two days between the bar exam and starting work. Luckily, my Dad was working in Pleasanton and Chloe is a frequent visitor...

natalie said...

darling new family pic up in the left corner...and i'm SO impressed with your home improvement project. shoot--i looked at my closet with hopes of D.I.ing it but get too overwhelmed and just walk away. i love the colors you picked and can't wait to come visit again to see them in person! :)