*

*

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Jake!

It's hard to believe that two years have passed since our Jabob was born. When I think back on the time just before we had him I always remember the strong promptings we felt to have him. I, being the planner that I am, was not wanting to have our third child until the following year, but I could not deny the feelings that I had to go ahead and try. From the moment that we knew we were pregnant I was filled with excitement and joy. Since then I have felt on countless occasions that the timing was right, as he has been a perfect addition to our family. He brings life, laughter, action and love to our home. We all adore him!! I browsed through pictures from the week he was born today and wanted to post a few of them. I just love seeing the ones at the hospital when the kids saw him for the first time and we took our first family photo as five. He was such a cutie, wasn't he?!




We really had our hands full! So now he is a big two year old and such a fun kid. We went to dinner last night to celebrate at the Rainforest Cafe because he loves Jungle Animals right now. He had a blast seeing the elephants and monkeys and tigers and believing they were real. He is just precious that way.




Today we invited my cousins over for cake and ice-cream and all the festivities. He was very aware of the excitment surrounding him and loved it. He opened presents and got a Build-a-Bear with a voice message (so cute!) in it from Nana, a jungle animal set from Grandma (perfect!), an automatic bubble machine from the kids, a puppy book and $2 from Grandma Goesch (thank you!) and a Thomas the train scooter from us. He was a happy, happy boy.






As per my journal which this blog has become, I want to write down a few of the great things about Jake at TWO YEARS OLD:
His favorite requests - "The Giraffe One" (video), "That One" (as he taps the bottle of Hershey's Syrup in the door of the fridge wanting me to add it to his milk), "La, La, La" (the story he likes, Moo, Baa and La La La), "Bi Bo" (wants to be a 'big boy' when we get into the car and not have to sit in his carseat...doesn't get that very often, unless we are staying in the neighborhood) and "I do it!" (Self explanitory!).
His favorite foods - Nug-nugs (chicken nuggets), grapes, oreos, strawberries, hotdogs, and pancakes.
His favorites pastimes - swimming, reading books, watching Barney, Teletubbies or Baby Einstein videos, dancing on Luke's bed to 'Spiderman', playing with our marble tower.
Other - He still loves his bottles and his blankie. He usually naps each afternoon for 2-3 hours. He is learning to share and not hit, push or bite his friends... and he has been close to potty-training. He is a smart, coordinated and handsome boy. And I really love him if you can't tell!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved spending Jake's birthday weekend at your house. It was a blast -- rainforest cafe was a hit. I LOVE JAKIE and I cant wait to see him again!!!
-mady

Darcee said...

I can't believe you had a baby in August in AZ! You are brave! Hard to believe your baby is two!

Unknown said...

i forgot you went private so i haven't seen any of your new posts come up on google reader....love all the pictures! i almost feel like i was there! and i love jake's big smile in front of the elephant. cute cute!