*

*

Friday, August 29, 2008

Labor Day weekend Project

This is a link on craigslist about our rental that we get to revamp and rent out this month. We plan to make a home video like the show "Flip this House" but ours will be called "Dump this He-- Hole". Notice no pictures posted of the inside?! We will keep you all posted with the befores and afters... AND, we already got three calls today! :)

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/apa/818367513.html

UPDATE:
It is Sunday night and Tyler and I just returned from the dreaded house. It was my first time really getting to examine the place now that we have the keys. Oh my. Let's just say I couldn't find anyplace to set my purse down, and I can still smell smoke in my hair right now. Literally THE most disgusting home I have been in in my life.

Right now we are committed to getting the place in better condition. We have an Oxidizer in the home working to reduce the smell of smoke, we have a painter coming Tuesday to cover every single surface with a pre-treatment of "KILZ" paint to seal in the smell and put a nice beige semi-gloss throughout. Thursday the vents will be cleaned the cleaning ladies will be there scouring the place, the windows will get done, and Friday the new carpet arrives. We pray it all works out well.

I would never believe that this home had any hope of recovering except that my cousin recently bought a fixer-upper and it was shocking what new paint, flooring and some serious elbow grease can do. As unfortunate as it is that we are in the situation now, we are excited to learn how to do all this and to see what the finished product comes out like.

I plan to post before pictures tomorrow night after spending part of the day there. Cobwebs, filth lining the edges of the carpets, broken blinds... etc. etc.

At any rate, I'd better get some sleep.

4 comments:

Jill said...

It's going to be rented this month I have good feelings about it. That is a nice house plan. Hopefully it will sell!

Unknown said...

it's a great looking house...seriously! and you're ad is perfect. that sucker will sell! or rent. whatever. why doesn't it say it's for sale??

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that Ali is in Hawaii but maybe even more jealous that you get to clean that dump! Mom was describing the griminess and I found myself fantasizing about vacumming the carpet..scrubbing walls...dusting the blinds...my favorite things! POST PICTURES SOON!
Maddie

The Curtis Family said...

You sister Maddie is one sick cookie. Hard to believe the house is such a dive from the outside pics. It looks really nice. And, just look at all the practice you've had painting your house :). It will be great. I hear rentals are going quickly these days.