*

*

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Real Deal!

Yesterday he did it! With 5 days to spare before turning TWO Jake swam the length of the pool all by himself! Everytime we see this baby enjoying his time in the pool we are filled with awe and amazement (and a little anxiety) at how comfortable he is in the water! I wanted to share his exciting feat.



In this video Jakey is doing his favorite trick - a little dive down deep and float back up. He does about 40 of these a day until his little eyes are burning red (won't wear goggles...I tried.) And, he can even dive the 5 feet to the bottom for rings. I tell you, its crazy the things he is doing.

5 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

That dive is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. What great footage!

Anonymous said...

hahaha.
are you freakin kidding me??
he is amazing!
he must take after me or something.
see you in e few!

-shell

The Finklea Family said...

Brooklyn and I are soo happy that you added more videos of the amazing flipper... oh I mean Jake. He is a hoot to watch!!! It's great seeing Ash and Luke in the clips as well. We love you guys!!!!

Ali said...

i can't believe your kids are such good swimmers! I couldn't swim 'til we moved to mesa basically. yes, I was 19.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part about the second video is not jake but....ashley. She is a good floater!
Maddie