*

*

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We've been Robbed.

So, we got our credit card bill last night only to find that it was much larger than it should have been. I immediately thought "Crud, what have I bought this time?!" And upon further investigation found that some lucky, dishonest soul had a shopping spree at The Children's Place and spent $800 with our card in the Bronx, NY!! How?!

Tyler talked to the card company last night and we will be getting a reimbursement but I am still ill at ease about how that managed to happen. The way the purchase went through was as an 'in person' purchase, not an online or something else and I know for sure it wasn't one of us, plus I still have my card in hand. So, what I think happened is that a store employee got my number from a purchase I made and passed it around to someone else or something. It just too convenient that it happened at the store that I often shop at... not some other weird place.

So, friends beware. Had I used a debit card instead I wouldn't have gotten the reimbursement as easily. It's a case for using credit cards first, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can't believe that! good thing you got the money back...how will they track down who did it?? also, i LOVE the new layout, picture and quote. you revamped! how is your painting going??